We are a talented and cohesive team of professionals who design, develop and manage a number of high-traffic websites featuring dynamic data and informative, authoritative content. Our team develops and maintains robust data-crunching back-end code all the way to perfectly-crafted web pages. You will help maintain and develop our ever-growing stable of web properties, including high-volume sites with more than two million views per month.
We are seeking a Web Developer responsible for creating and maintaining custom themes and modules/plugins in Drupal and/or WordPress, creating dynamic web interfaces using custom views, parsing and displaying data from our internal and external APIs, while adhering to defined framework standards. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with Unix systems is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
What qualifications do I need?
- Competency with at least one of Drupal or WordPress, including but not limited to: theme/module/plugin development, hooks, views, taxonomies, custom post/content types;
- Strong understanding of modern PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Basic understanding of front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Familiarity with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
What else would be nice to have?
- Experience with both WordPress and Drupal development;
- Specific experience with Drupal 8 and object-oriented module development;
- Specific experience with WordPress using the Bedrock framework;
- Experience with configuring Drupal or WordPress to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker;
- CI/CD competency with Jenkins/Circle CI or similar;
- Familiarity with modern web application structure, i.e. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Interest in task and testing automation.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk, you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS. To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: email@example.com
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.