The SEO Manager reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and collaborates with our product and business owners to ensure exceptional web positioning for multiple web properties in the sports, gaming and casino space across the globe all while ensuring our 100+ websites remain world class in their positioning within the affiliate marketing realm. The SEO Manager must be exceptional in their knowledge of all things SEO, as this position is the subject matter expert and responsible for driving traffic.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Perform keyword research & build lists of targeted key phrases;
- Create Weekly KW reports & KW Progress Reports;
- Create Event “rich snippets” for upcoming Sports Events;
- Run technical audits on websites according to our highly-detailed instructions;
- Prepare monthly site audits and audit summary reports;
- Help craft and prioritize “to-do” lists for fixing items found in the technical audits;
- Assist in creation of “content request documents” using SEO best practices;
- Apply on-page SEO optimization by fixing/improving published content: filling out page titles, meta descriptions, and image alt tags;
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and content;
- Assist in preparing Backlink audits and fixing errors found in Google Search Console;
- Discover & evaluate organic competitors and prepare Content Gap Analysis reports;
- Proofread copy for keyword optimization per internal specifications;
- Work with Business Unit Managers and cross-functional departments to assist in building search engine optimization strategies for Group clients. Be a mentor in the team for junior members to share best practices, lessons learned and process optimization.
What qualification do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2-5 years as a content production expert operating within a medium to large scale Marketing organization;
- Proven track record of results with improving search rankings and/or developing and managing website reporting tools;
- Working knowledge of SEO tools, website standards, usability testing, website reporting tools, and web analytics;
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Tools;
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML/CSS;
- Eager to learn analytics tools such as: SEMRush, AHREFS, LinkResearch Tools, ScreamingFrog, Moz and other tools for organic traffic measurement;
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative metrics to communicate progress and identify meaningful trends;
- A passion for internet marketing;
- Must be able to grasp technical concepts quickly;
- Have a data-driven, analytical mind, and strong math skills;
- Exquisite attention to detail, but not to the level of “paralysis by analysis”;
- Intermediate functional knowledge of Excel.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers where sports is key subject matter. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS. To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.