IT Operations Manager
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day success of the Production Support and Operations teams to ensure stable business operations for Stakeholders. This includes planning, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key operational areas of the business.
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, this position guides and co-ordinates the IT-Ops team leads with the day to day prioritization and coordination in order to meet the deliverables needed to ensure a successful 24x7 business operation under rapid expansion. You will own multi-team projects from the kick-off with ticket creation through prioritization over multiple sprints to completion and post-mortem. Many disciplines and skills will go into achieving success in this role.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
Manage the Office IT Infrastructure
- Oversee the day to day, prioritizing IT support efforts as appropriate to support employees;
- Proactive monitoring of issues to identify/resolve and mitigate impact to staff;
- Monitor expenditures on supporting staff within expected budget;
- Ensure asset provisioning and allocation is appropriate for business goals;
- Coordinate local and remote support teams as needed for the main office and future ones.
Grow the Cloud Infrastructure
- Prioritize operational team activities to meet strategic SLA goals and project objectives;
- Drive continuous performance improvement; identify and implement process and procedures that improve the effectiveness of the IT-Ops department as a whole;
- Work with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment of vision, practices and timelines;
- Instrumental in the selection, development, and retaining of a high performing team, while championing a culture of employee engagement;
- Evaluate new technologies for competitive advantage.
Reporting and Communication
- Tracking and trending team time on projects and tasks;
- Maintain a performance data dashboard (for example, service level reporting and service analytics dashboard) and communicate to stakeholders;
- Frequent communication on requirements, costs, specifications, progress and timelines.
What qualification do I need?
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering;
- 7+ years previous Information Technology experience;
- Experience running a 24x7 IT support team with 99.9% uptime SLAs for dozens of websites;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Project management studies an asset;
- Highly advanced Linux skills, networking and windows server working knowledge;
- Understanding of good industry standard practices (ITIL Foundation certification an asset);
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technologies and quick to learn new ones;
- Hands on experience with modern virtualization tech (AWS, Docker, CI/CD pipelines);
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines and manage related risks;
- Web Development experience (Shell, PHP, Python, WordPress, Git, Agile);
- Be a forward thinker; have the ability to advise non-technical stakeholders about the risks and benefits of potential courses of action;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences, reviewing professional publications and connecting with both personal and professional networks.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers where sports is key subject matter. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS.
To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: email@example.com
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.