Head of Content & Social Media Strategy
Working within a company that is experiencing hypergrowth, the Head of Content & Social Media Strategy is an experienced content and social media expert that has spent time developing and building engagement in both traditional and digital environments. The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic leader with diverse management experience and believes strongly in coaching, developing and supporting their teams to constantly improve and deliver the commercial goals of the business.
The successful candidate has a proven track record in the areas of strategy, content creation, e-commerce, consumer engagement, social listening, analytics, and understands how to leverage budget restrictions to optimize ROI as well as thrives on the value of effective measuring.
They have demonstrated the ability to collaborate seamlessly with other stakeholders; Conversion Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, Brand Marketing, Content Development and Creative Services.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work with Brand Marketing Teams on long term vision for each brand’s social that ties back to divisional business objectives with the consumer experience in mind;
- Responsible for creating category social channel that ties in to the larger brand ecosystems;
- Develop strategies to break through and compete with brand competitive landscape;
- Identify and implement test & learn social opportunities;
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams (including but not limited to Brand, Search, Media, Sponsorship) on category footprint;
- Be at the forefront of what is happening in the space and propose new platforms to enter and first-to-market programs.
- Develop consumer-centric content with input Marketing brief to output, partnering with internal or external production, and overseeing execution teams;
- Create “of the moment” (“at the speed of culture”) content to complement pre-planned content. Can be created internally or with micro-influencers;
- Ensure content review process is respected in partnership with brand marketing teams;
- Develop and execute the earned and owned social media strategy for the brands to drive awareness, engagement and sales;
- Understand the unique brand positioning and stay true to brand equity through all social content & alignment with brand marketing.
E-commerce/Consumer Engagement/Social Listening
- Craft owned content storytelling concepts for "always on" programs and ecommerce moments in partnership with key stakeholders from cross-functional teams;
- Manage and mentor content and social media team to grow skillset as creative and strategic team members;
- Cover social live for special events;
- Elevate sensitive situations to management and develop a playbook to manage;
- Work with Brand Marketing & CMO team on ad-hoc social listening requests.
- Pull and provide regular analytics reports based on new tools provided by CMO team (Rival IQ, Netbase, Tribe, etc.);
- Ensure strategy, content creation and community management are constantly reviewed based on findings.
- Participate in developing annual social/content budgets ensuring we optimize and spend wisely (bring in new partners as necessary) and find efficiencies to reinvest.
Measurement & Effectiveness
- Unique, on-brand content developed for the brand in-house that drives brand priorities;
- Define objectives for brand's social platforms to measure and adapt accordingly based on overall business goals/priorities;
- Set social KPI’s for Influencer campaigns and track through execution with detailed recaps;
- Spearhead social reporting with Social and Content Managers and standardize analysis to improve performance with weekly and monthly reporting;
- Manage social listening requests from Marketing to give insight on launches and potential new product trends;
- Thoroughly understand ever-evolving social metrics and liaise with team on best practices and benchmarks.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 10+ years’ experience in Social Media and Content Development for a brand (in-house or agency);
- Expert in social and digital landscape;
- Direct-to-Consumer Marketing experience and Editorial background in sports a huge plus (.com/publisher, brand, blog or otherwise);
- Ability to work cross-functionally and develop big-picture strategy to grow the brand love. Complex role at the intersection of Integrated Marketing Communications, Marketing/Digital Marketing, Customer Marketing, E-commerce and Agency Partners;
- Ability to partner with CMO and Brand and Commercial Leads, working closely with all on best practices across content & social;
- Creative skills to develop new content and out-of-the-box thinking a must;
- Ability to be resourceful and scrappy while working within brand guidelines to produce high quality in-house content;
- Ability to manage multiple vendors and work with business partners on new innovations as well as best practices;
- Strong analytics skills. Experience with tools like NetBase, Rival IQ, Spreadfast, Tribe, and Traackr is a plus.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS.
To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: email@example.com
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.