We are a talented and cohesive team of professionals working at the cutting edge of the sports information industry. We design, develop and manage a number of high-traffic websites featuring up-to-the-second sports statistics, dynamic data and informative content. Our team develops and maintains robust data-crunching back-end code all the way to perfectly-crafted web pages. You will help maintain our growing stable of web properties, including high-volume sites with more than two million views per month.
We are seeking a Drupal Developer responsible for creating and maintaining Drupal themes and modules, creating dynamic web interfaces using custom views, parsing and displaying data from our internal and external APIs, while adhering to defined Drupal standards. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with Unix systems is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
What qualifications do I need?
- Competency with Drupal, including but not limited to: theme/module development, hooks, Views, Taxonomies and custom Content Types;
- Strong understanding of modern PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Basic understanding of front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Familiarity with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
What else would be nice to have?
- Specific experience with Drupal 8 and object-oriented module development;
- Experience with configuring Drupal to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker;
- CI/CD competency with Jenkins/Circle CI or similar;
- Familiarity with modern web application structure, i.e. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Interest in task and testing automation.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk, you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers where sports is key subject matter. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS. To be considered of this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.