As a DevOps systems administrator working on the IT-Ops team, you will be responsible for implementation and administration of software projects, deployment and automation solutions, working with virtualized and cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with both the Ops and development teams to automate build and deployment systems. The DevOps Engineer is expected to collaborate as a team with a shared aim and responsibility of automating delivery of high performance, functional software.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work with development teams, QA and ITOps to deploy, configure and maintain applications;
- Troubleshooting build and deployment issues in stage and production environments;
- Write and maintain Jenkins pipelines for projects;
- Creating and maintain proper documentation which devs can reference for procedures;
- Stay abreast of changes to current technology and new technology and how it could improve DevOps at Chalk;
- Continually improve Docker infrastructure including Docker Certified Infrastructure and community Swarms;
What qualification do I need?
- University degree or diploma in related field and or 3-5 years previous IT-related experience;
- Familiarity with Linux, including services, logging, and maintenance;
- Cloud and virtualized infrastructure experience, specifically AWS;
- Understanding of software development and deployment standards;
- Experience with GIT;
- Familiar with high availability services practices;
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technologies and quick to learn new ones;
- Development experience (Shell, PHP, Python, CSS, Drupal, WordPress, SASS, Git, Agile).
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS.
To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: email@example.com
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.