We are a talented and cohesive team of professionals who design, develop and manage a number of high-traffic websites featuring dynamic data and informative, authoritative content. Our team develops and maintains robust data-crunching back-end code all the way to perfectly-crafted web pages.
The Accounting Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and filing.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Accounts payable processing including invoice entry, invoice coding, and cheque runs;
- Credit card reconciliation and payment;
- Accounts receivable processing including, invoice preparation, invoice coding, cash receipts;
- Maintain files on all account payables/receivables and update records as required;
- Ensure compliance of proper payment approval processes;
- Perform various administrative tasks according to the needs of the company;
- Work with the Corporate Accountant to manage day to day accounting and bookkeeping;
- Assist with ad-hoc reports for management;
- Liaise with and support Sales team as required.
What qualification do I need?
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent transferable skills;
- Post-secondary education at college or university focusing on business or accounting;
- Must be confidential and have integrity;
- Strong initiative, hard worker and proactive problem solver;
- Professional with a friendly and positive disposition;
- Complete fluency in English, both written and spoken is essential;
- Must have great communication and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexible and team-oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines;
- Experience with foreign currencies considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel;
- Experience with QuickBooks considered an asset;
- Experience with JIRA software considered an asset.
The Chalk Culture
At Chalk, you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Chalk offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone - Android or IOS. To be considered for this excellent career opportunity please forward your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
time to get chalk
Using the same engines for generating custom reports, the same monster databases of box scores, odds and player stats and the same commitment to editorial and programming excellence, Chalk has quickly carved a niche in the sports space.